Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Beyond is so fucking awesome!

Last time I saw this movie was last year when the Grindhouse Film Festival came to San Francisco. They put it in a double feature along with the film PIECES. I've seen this movie many times and continue to support it by buying the DVD. After watching it again tonight, I thought it would be nice to do a piece with our readers about Fulci's films. In the minds of horror fans all over, Lucio Fulci will always be a household name. His daring take on the genre has left us scarred with memories of grizzly blood and gore. Most of which were shown up close to give it that shock factor he is known for. I've seen most of his movies, and I always state that my favorite Fulci film is THE BEYOND. It's a grueling tale that takes place in a remote and cursed hotel, built over one of the seven gateways to hell. Buckets of blood hit the floor with a graphic frenzy of gory Crucifixions, chunk blowing chain-whippings, eyeball impalements, sulphuric acid meltdowns, flesh-eating tarantulas, throat-shredding demon dogs and ravenous bloodthirsty zombies.

YES! That right there is a delicious treat for horror fans. I LOVE this movie and I always encourage our readers to check it out if they haven't done so yet. THE BEYOND is a towering achievement in hair-raising, mind-bending cinematic terror. Sure it's gory as fuck, but that isn't where all the fun lies. It also has a great story and an even remarkable score. The music is spot on perfect and really makes you feel like you're one step away from hell. It's dark, twisted and magnificent! Once you see it, you'll never forget it. That's how awesome it is, and I'll never get tired of seeing it. We'll be doing a Lucio Fulci piece on our myspace blog where we'll be asking the rest of our readers what their favorite Fulci film is. Actually, I'll get to that once I finish this blog. Although I do recommend buying the DVD, you can still check out THE BEYOND for free online. You find them in separate parts on youtube as you can with most old horror features. If you haven't seen THE BEYOND yet, there's no time like the present! [BUY THE DVD NOW]


No comments:

Post a Comment